25.3.16

The woman I'm still a little piece of


I think the idea of mixing luxury and mass-market fashion is very modern, very now - no one wears head-to-toe designer anymore. It is difficult to talk about fashion in the abstract, without a human body before my eyes, without drawings, without a choice of fabric - without a practical or visual reality. I've always thought of the T-shirt as the Alpha and Omega of the fashion alphabet. Jeans represent democracy in fashion. I truly believe that philanthropy and commerce can work together.
Never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the idea that I would become a fashion designer. I never like to think that I design for a particular person. I design for the woman I wanted to be, the woman I used to be, and - to some degree - the woman I'm still a little piece of.

Confidence. If you have it, you can make anything look good. I sometimes feel that a pattern is almost a fashion statement in itself.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes feel that a pattern is almost a fashion statement in itself.

    ReplyDelete