24.2.16

It's a philosophy of life

I love things that age well - things that don't date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best. Doing collections, doing fashion is like a non-stop dialogue. Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem, is to rejeuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook changes. They feel more joyous. Women are women, and hurray for that. Age and size are only numbers. It's the attitude you bring to clothes that make the difference.
It's a philosophy of life. A practice. If you do this, something will change, what will change is that you will change, your life will change, and if you can change you, you can perhaps change the world. I believe that my clothes can give people a better image of themselves - that it can increase their feelings of confidence and happiness. The market is like a language, and you have to be able to understand what they're saying. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. Fashion is to please your eye. Shapes and proportions are for your intellect.

If you wear clothes that don't suit you, you're a fashion victim. You have to wear clothes that make you look better. I am no longer concerned with sensation and innovation, but with the perfection of my style. All I did my first year at Vogue was Xerox. I feel that things happen for a reason and open up new opportunities. The key to my collections is sensuality.


No comments:

Post a Comment